Wednesday 20 February 2013

Dog flight


I was at Brooklands yesterday and after the shoot I had a little look around the museum, with a particular personal interest in finding anything to do with a cousin of my grandfather's, the aviation pioneer Harold Barnwell who I knew to have been based at Brooklands as a test pilot for Vickers until he died in a plane crash in 1917. Anyway as luck would have it, in a display cabinet dedicated to F. W. Merriam there was a picture dated 1912 of the first ever dog to fly, the pilot was Merriam and who should be holding the dog, none other than Harold Barnwell. I wonder if it's in the Guinness Book of Records?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climate the Movie - The Cold Truth

Watch it here: https://rumble.com/v4krzak-climate-the-movie-the-real-truth.html