Monday 12 November 2012

Washout

Having repaired the dragoon trumpeter, I attempted to repaint it in the correct colours, it having originally been painted in the colours of a long since forgotten regiment, possibly of the kingdom of Naples or some other Italian state. Having achieved a result with which I was reasonably happy I just couldn't resist the temptation of trying some black ink wash on the white painted horsehair crest, which worked well but spilled on to the jacket, so I thought I'll try it all over the figure. Disaster! by the time I'd covered the whole model, the initial application of ink had largely dried, creating blotches all over the jacket, plus the ink was much too strong for the white lapels in particular. Anyway, after a further repaint of large parts of the figure I have nearly reached a satisfactory conclusion (again!) and learnt a salutory lesson in the use of ink wash on large figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climate the Movie - The Cold Truth

Watch it here: https://rumble.com/v4krzak-climate-the-movie-the-real-truth.html