Monday 21 January 2013

Fun and games in the snow

Well the Met Office got it wrong again, 2 to 5 cm of snow they said to expect on Sunday, in fact it snowed all day and by the morning when I went out to clear the car, there was clearly more like 10 or 12 cm.

Anyway, my daughter's school announced it was closed with just a few minutes to spare before she would have had to set out to catch the bus (it's 9 miles away!), my son's school however clearly stated on it's website that it would be open, so we duly set off in the 4 x 4 as I wasn't convinced my wife's A-class would make it up the hill to the main road through 15 cm of virgin snow.

When we arrived at the school, I normally drop my son off at the 'kiss & go' car park near the school entrance, but as the conditions were so bad and as it seemed very quiet I decided to take him up the sheet ice and snow covered drive, right up to the school itself. Just as well I did because as I dropped him off by the main entrance, the caretaker came over to tell us that the earlier decision had been reversed and the school was now closed. So we turned around and headed home, informing any stray students as we went that the school had closed. Having finally got home, I then had to take my wife to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climate the Movie - The Cold Truth

Watch it here: https://rumble.com/v4krzak-climate-the-movie-the-real-truth.html